Steel bearing structures: tailor-made solutions
Mantiero Angelo Srl is a specialized company in steel bearing structures for the civil and industrial building sector. For more than 50 years, it has been offering its expertise and professionalism, guaranteeing tailored solutions able to meet any need.
What are steel bearing structures used for? Structural steel is greatly used in designing and making load-bearing structures for the execution of very impressive buildings and infrastructures, but also for smaller constructions such as shelters, sheds and mezzanines.
Mantiero Angelo Srl makes different types of steel structures such as:
- prefabricated warehouses
- structures for the static consolidation of existing buildings
- structures for ventilation systems
- silos boxes and special structures
- external structures and shelters
- stairs, mezzanines, various support platforms
The services and work performed by Mantiero Angelo Srl to make steel structures for the building sector are as follows:
- cutting of the raw material
Steel: history, characteristics and advantages
Steel bearing structures: a jump into the past
Since the second half of the 19th century, iron, and steel in particular, has been the cutting-edge protagonist of modern architecture. Indeed, steel has contributed in making buildings that have become the symbols of the Industrial Revolution such as skyscrapers, warehouses, malls and railway stations.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Steel perimeter fences: what they are and what they are used for
It is no coincidence that this material is still used today in the construction of impressive and large buildings.
Steel is an alloy composed of iron and carbon: the quantity of the carbon determines the quality of the steel. Generally, steel used for metal structural work is typically semi-mild (carbon content between 0.15 and 0.25%) or mild (carbon content between 0.25 and 0.40%).
Characteristics and advantages
Steel has several advantages such as:
- high mechanical performances, with excellent resistance to traction and compression
- high standardization that makes possible a higher precision in the design and execution phases
- lightness in relation to the mechanical stresses supported by the small bearing elements
- excellent workability based on the cut to size of the pieces and the creation of welded or bolted joints
READ OTHER ARTICLES IN THE SAME CATEGORY: Insights
Thanks to these characteristics, steel bearing structures represent one of the most suitable solutions for seismic retrofitting in buildings. This involves carrying out structural interventions that help reduce seismic vulnerability in existing buildings, usually built in masonry or reinforced concrete.
Trust the experts for steel bearing structures
Thanks to holding the EN 1090-1 EXC 1 and 2 certification, Mantiero Angelo Srl is today able to produce steel bearing structures for the civil and industrial building sector. Its mission is to create tailored and painstaking detailed solutions to satisfy even the most demanding customers by guaranteeing safety, privacy and protection.